Saturday, August 1, 2009

July climb of Mount St. Helens

Last week (July 25th) I took a group of friends on a climb up Mount St. Helens. It was a hot day but we made it up and down successfully. Of course I took some nice pictures of the climb.

A picture from halfway up the mountain, looking at the boulder fields and Mt Adams in the clouds.









Pictures from the rim of Mt St Helen looking down into the crater. The lava dome is still steaming, but there is a glacier around the bottom of the crater also.









A self portrait of me standing on top, and another of Spirit Lake (with all the old dead logs floating on the north east end) and Mt Raineer seeming to float on top of the clouds.

3 comments:

  1. I remember having so much fun when we climbed Mt. St. Helens! I need to come do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great view! Not a bad picture of yourself either, like the hat. Bret and I went hiking over the 4th here in Missoula, along the river but he hiked up to the M on the mtn. earlier. You two will have to do it together sometime.

    ReplyDelete